My kids use my computer for their MySpace, but after every weekend I spend all day Monday scanning for and removing spyware. Should I make them stop?
Protect the machine and let them use the computer. As long as there are rules for the kids' personal safety, computers can be customized for use and protected.
Download and install the program Spybot Search and Destroy from here. This is a free program but I encourage you to donate 'cause this is going to save you a ton of time (you won't have to scan as often) and keep your machine clean.
After installing Spybot, update immediately and put Update Spybot on your list of things to do every couple of weeks. After you update, click on the tab that says Immunize. Spybot will analyze your system and compare it to a vast library of annoying programs it can detect and keep out. Select the Immunize button from the top and wait while it builds a wall – both figuratively and graphically – for your defense. That's it. Update and re-apply immunization every couple of weeks (yes, I know I'm repeating myself, that was for you!) and maintain (or start!) a regular maintenance routine and you can let your kids go to any web site you determine is safe for them.
1 comments:
We use Spybot all the time and it's really been a great help to our organization. Colleen was great to recommend this to us.
Post a Comment